Healthy fats, crunchy celery, sweet grapes, and savory chicken all blend perfectly together in this lightened up version of everyone’s favorite: chicken salad.This addictive chicken salad swaps mayo for avocado and plain greek yogurt, which if you aren’t a fan of either, I PROMISE you really don’t taste them. (We tested it out on some kids who hated avocado and greek yogurt and surprisingly they were the ones requesting seconds and thirds…they were obsessed!It all blends perfectly to give the taste of mayo without the excess unsaturated fat. Avocado boasts benefits such as monounsaturated fatty acids (great for the skin and hair, plus lowering bad cholesterol!), and the greek yogurt is packed with protein and less sugar than regular yogurt. Both lighten this dish up without sacrificing on flavor. A win-win in my book! Feel free to add walnuts or any other typical chicken salad additions you may like. To make this simple to make, I simply bought a plain rotisserie chicken. Even easier? Totally okay to use canned white meat chicken. Look for organic brands if possible.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 small rotisserie chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small container plain greek yogurt
- 4 large stalks of celery, diced
- ½ cup grapes, chopped
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add avocado and greek yogurt into a large bowl and mix until blended and smooth.
- Chop grapes, celery, and chicken and add to bowl with yogurt and avocado mixture.
- Stir and combine well.
- Season with seasonings to taste.
Try this dish in the summer on top toasted whole grain bread or on a big piece of romaine lettuce. It is the perfect light summer lunch!