Mmmmm the perfect Sunday Brunch in only 10 minutes….
I woke up this morning craving something salty and savory. I knew I had one avocado laying around at home and some leftover farm-fresh eggs I bought from the farmers market. Two ingredients can truly make an amazing dish! You start by halving an avocado and scooping out enough flesh to make a perfect egg-sized hole. Then, you can add whatever seasonings or sauces that you would like before putting the egg in! For these, I added a little sirarcha sauce and lemon juice, then topped it with plenty of sea salt and pepper and they turned out FANTASTIC.
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 155
- 1 avocado
- 2 large eggs
- seasonings and sauces of choice (I used Sirarcha and salt/pepper)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Half a ripened avocado and remove the stone.
- Scoop out a small amount of the flesh to make a hole the size of the egg.
- Add sauces like sirarcha, pesto, ketchup, etc to the hole before adding the egg.
- Crack open the first egg into a small bowl.
- Slowly pour the egg into the hole in one of the avocado halves.
- Top with sea salt and black pepper.
- Repeat for the second egg and avocado half.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in a small ramekin.
You want to cook it just enough so that the egg whites are firm but the yolk oozes when you first dig into it. 🙂
You can even add cheese as well to make them more decadent. Just play around with different flavorings until you find YOUR perfect Baked Avocado Egg Cups. Bacon bits and chives on top would be delicious as well! ♥ I hope everyone’s had as relaxing a weekend as I have. I’ve enjoyed time with my boyfriend and puppies, and got some work done around the house as well. Only 2 more months living in Athens, then I’m outta here to start the next chapter to become a Dietitian!! Ahhh, can’t believe it. 🙂