CREAMY, SWEET, CARROT CAKE SMOOTHIE (V)
I first had a smoothie like this in Savannah, Georgia at a local smoothie bar there and fell in love. It was $10 (expensive much), so I decided instead of regularly treating myself, I could easily make it since I keep most ingredients on hand. This dreamy smoothie is packed with Vitamin A, fiber, healthy fats, potassium, plant-based protein, and many more nutrients jam-packed into one glass.
The dreaminess of this smoothie is hard to put into words. It tastes like a true slice of carrot cake transformed into a a thick, creamy milkshake. The perfect treat, breakfast, snack, or meal replacement any time of day.
- ½ cup carrot juice, freshly made
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cinnamon stick (or 2 tsp saigon cinnamon)
- 1 TBSP cashew butter
- 1 TBSP raw almonds
- 1 TBSP unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 1 TBSP vegan vanilla protein powder
- ⅓ banana, frozen
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- a few drops of liquid stevia, or alternate sweetener
- 1 tsp hemp seeds (optional, for topping)
- Blend all ingredients (except hemp seeds) in a high powered blender on high until smooth.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds or any other toppings of choice.
Truly love this smoothie like me? To keep it easy to make all week long, juice an entire bag of large carrots and keep it in the fridge to grab for blending each day. It is WAY too much of a hassle to juice everyday. Don’t own a juicer? See if your local health food store could juice just carrots for you. Places like EarthFare or Whole Foods would be more than willing!