Mmmm. Easy peasy. These little nuggets of caramel goodness remind me of my date fudge, but are going to be used for oatmeal toppings throughout the week! I love the cute heart shapes and the simple recipe to make it. Simply throw in the ingredients into a food processor, form into cute heart shapes, and throw in the fridge or freezer to harden! Boom. Done. Perfect healthy gooey treats that taste like salted caramel.
Add in whatever goodness you like. Running low on energy? Throw in some maca powder. Craving chocolate? Add some cacao powder. Want an omega-3 boost? Blend a little flax and chia into the mix. Want them to be crunchy? Add some cacao nibs or raw almonds.
- ½ cup almond butter or tahini
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 cup dates
- dash of sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground flax
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- Blend all ingredients together in a high-powered food processor.
- Divide mixture into small balls, flatten, and shape into hearts onto a plate or platter.
- Dab with paper towel to lessen oil.
- Once all mixture is formed into hearts, place in refrigerator or freezer to harden.
- Enjoy! Eat plain as a healthy dessert, add to oatmeal, or top with YouFresh Naturals "Muscle Butter" Icing for a truly decadent dessert that's guilt-free!
*You can find YouFresh Naturals healthy protein-packed frosting here.
Looking for the original date fudge recipe? You can find it here!
THE perfect oatmeal topping!
Make a ton and keep them in the freezer for grab and go!