This week, I was chosen to compete in a Challenge on Instagram called the Eat Clean Showdown by the amazing company/product Elli Quark. Elli Quark is an awesome new product that is very similar to greek yogurt, but it’s actually cheese! It’s better than greek yogurt because: a. it has fewer calories (80 or 90 for a container vs. 100+ for most yogurts) b. it has more protein (a whopping 14 grams per container!) c. No added sugars d. 10+ AMAZING flavors! The texture, flavor, and consistency are all exactly identical to greek yogurt. MY favorite flavors that I’ve tried so far are sea salt caramel, vanilla bean, red velvet, and mint chocolate (!!!). The plain Elli Quark is also perfect for substitutions in recipes instead of sour cream, cream cheese, etc.
OH and even better, if they don’t sell them in a store near you (they are sold at Whole Foods, The Fresh Market, Earthfare, etc…) they can deliver STRAIGHT to your door!!!
For the challenge, we received a MYSTERY BOX containing a secret flavor of Elli Quark plus 4 other ingredients. Then I competed against 4 others to come up with the most creative recipes, being judged on photography, use of all mystery ingredients, clean recipes, and creativity. The theme this time is “Dips ‘n Dippers” (make 3 different dips, using the veggies as dippers) and the box included:
6 containers of plain Elli Quark
1 bunch of asparagus
1 sweet potato
1 purple artichoke
HEALTHY COCONUT MARSHMALLOW DIP
with sweet potato & beet chips for dipping!
- 2 containers plain Elli Quark spoonable cheese (or plain greek yogurt)
- 3 TBSP raw coconut butter, melted (Nativa is a great brand)
- 1 handful shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 TBSP stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- ¼ cup tru-whip organic whipped topping
- dash of sea salt
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 large beet
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp rosemary, minced
- Melt coconut butter in a small bowl.
- Add all ingredients into a high power food processor and blend until smooth.
- If too thick, add a touch of water or unsweetened milk of choice.
- Enjoy with sweet potato and beet chips, graham crackers, pretzels, or use as a topping on waffles, pancakes, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with tin foil
- Wash beet and yam before cutting.
- Cut slices of beet and sweet potato 1/16 in thick using a knife or mandolin.
- Mix slices with the olive oil and seasonings. (Rosemary for yam, chili powder for beet)
- Place in a single layer on baking sheet and bake for 35-40 mins, flipping halfway through.
- Baking times may vary, but bake until edges start to curl and crisp.
- Let chips cool on cooing rack before eating.
This dip take 5 seconds to make and it is simply heavenly…pair with graham crackers, pretzels, sweet potato fries, etc for a delicious dessert-inspired healthy snack. You won’t be disappointed!