Chuice = Chewable Juice
It may sound odd, but this new product based out of Atlanta is amazing!
So, jucing is cool and all but it lacks the important part of foods: the FIBER! What is fiber? Fiber is the undigestible part of carbohydrates that your body needs to keep you full/satisfied, lower blood glucose levels, and help bind foods together to move through your digestive system to regulate bowel movements (buh-bye constipation!). There are two forms: insoluble fiber and soluble fiber.
- INSOLUBLE does not dissolve in water. This type of fiber is the one that helps with digestion and regularity. Examples include whole wheat bread, legumes, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, brown rice, etc.
- SOLUBLE does dissolve in water. This type of fiber helps keep you full and prevents your blood sugar from dropping. You know that feeling when you eat a sugary donut, get a buzz, and then feel exhausted and crave more? That is from a blood sugar spike. Soluble fiber prevents these and helps keep your sugar levels steady and reduce cravings. Examples include beans, nuts, seeds, apples, blueberries, and oatmeal.
Chuice leaves in all the good fiber-rich nutrients: the seeds, nuts, whole fruits and veggies to give you a complete snack or meal in each serving. Chewing the juice also helps your body realize its “eating” rather than just drinking. Chewing also jumpstarts the active enzymes in your body to break down the complex carbohydrates.
“Chuice is a new concept in food: an unbelievable blend of plant-based whole foods. Real Food, in a bottle!
Chuice brings the “farm to the bottle” by combining the wholesome goodness of fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs, nuts and seeds. More of a meal than a drink, each tasty ingredient comes from nature and was chosen for nutritional benefit, combining all of the elements of a healthy diet: complex carbohydrates, essential fatty acids, protein, minerals and fiber. At 6 grams of fiber per 8oz serving, Chuice offers something mere drinks don’t: Balance. Among other known benefits, fiber helps to regulate the release of glucose (sugar) from your GI tract to your bloodstream. The result is less spike in the hormone insulin, better balance of body metabolism, and a natural way to sustain energy level. ” Learn how to fuel your body with REAL PLANT FOODS!
Each batch of Chuice includes all of these healthy, nutritious, and wholesome ingredients:
|Rosemary||Aloe Vera||Limes||Hemp Seeds|
|Sesame Seeds||Sweet Potatoes||Cayenne Pepper||Almonds|
|Flax Seeds||Sunflower Seeds||Pecans||Ginger Root|
ummm say WHAT?!?! all of these healthy foods are in a single serving! How amazing is that! When else are you going to consume all of these healthy, nutritious ingredients in one sitting? AND at only 140 calories per 8oz serving! Even if you consume 16oz as a full meal/serving, you couldn’t ask for a better source of quality calories. This is the perfect snack or even meal replacement. And since I’ve tried it myself, I can honestly say it tastes AMAZING. It is something different to get used to as there are ingredients you must “chew”, so it is best to chew carefully and is not suitable for young kids. But, I love it better than a typical fruit and veggie juice because you are getting ALL of the amazing benefits of the fiber, raw nutrients, and whole plant foods.
Right now, Chuice comes in 2 different flavors and 2 different sizes (32 oz. & 16 oz.)
- FOREST BLEND: a unique herbal blend ( see ingredient list above) believed to be beneficial for your liver and other digestive organs. These organs are your body’s natural “detoxifiers”. Consuming 2-3 glasses daily (breakfast on-the-go, lunch, snack, pre or post-workout fuel/recovery, dinner or as a “salad in bottle”) you are providing yourself with nature’s path to optimized function.
- RIVER OF LIFE: similar mixture to forest blend but with the addition of beets. These ingredients are believed to help balance the needs of the bloodstream.
Once opened, Chuice stays good in the fridge for 6-7 days. Unopened, Chuice can also be frozen; it will take a while to thaw though due to the nutrient density.
“Eat Chuice and Thrive!”
Here is a short video to learn more about the founding of Chuice and its mission:
As a Nutritionist and future Registered Dietitian, the most common thing I see is the lack of adequate fruit and vegetable intake. Our bodies were made to live off the earth and its fresh produce, yet more and more people are using the convenience of grocery stores, fast food, and packaged foods to fuel their lives. Whether it is due to the view that produce is “more expensive”, the fear of cooking, or the predisposed addiction to packaged, processed, and sugary crap, it is rare that people are actually taking in the recommended amount of 2.5-3 cups of veggies and 2 cups of fruit daily (varies on age/sex/etc. but this is for most women and men 18-30).
Chuice is an easy and delicious way to get in your nutrition. FILLED with fresh fruits/veggies/nuts and seeds, Chuice tastes as good as it is for you. Seriously, stop waiting and try it out now! Sooo worth it 🙂
– getting in the recommended fruit and veggie servings
– those trying to lose weight
– those who feel they are “addicted” to processed foods
-those who hate to cook or don’t know how to prepare fruits and veggies
– healthy post workout snack
– those that don’t think plant foods TASTE good
– getting the proper amount of fiber in
– filling up on healthy, nutritious ingredients on the go!
– those on a gluten free diet
– those on a raw foods diet (it contains honey though, which most vegans do not eat)