Chocolate & Peanut Butter…
Low calorie? High protein? and GOOD FOR YOU?!?
I’ll take it!
Oh, and just to top off the chocolate on the peanut butter cup, this morning meal cooks itself over night. Aka, you don’t have to do @%$# to have a healthy and indulgent breakfast on the go! This recipe is cooked in a crockpot/slow-cooker, so if you don’t have one, not to worry. It can be cooked on the stove top (it just takes a bit more effort on your part stirring and watching over for 30 minutes or so). Althought, I’d say totally invest in a crock-pot because they rock and you (or rather you can make the crock-pot) make so many different meals! Soups, stews, casseroles, chicken dishes, desserts, breakfast, you name it.
Plus, the ingredients in this recipe all have wonderful, nutritious benefits! So you don’t have to feel guilty for eating Reese’s flavored oats for breakfast 😉
Health Benefits of the Ingredients:
- Serving size: ⅛ of recipe
- Calories: 401
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Unsaturated fat: 18g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 309mg
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 and ½ cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 and ½ cups unsweetened vanilla almond mik (or milk of choice)
- 2 heaping spoonfuls of PB2 Chocolate
- 2 heaping spoonfuls of PB2 (Regular)
- 1 TBSP stevia
- 3 TBSP Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 TBSP agave nectar (or my newfound favorite...Caramel Date Syrup)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add in oats, chia seeds, milk, and water to crockpot and stir.
- Next, add in powders (both PB2s and cacao), agave, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir well to mix completely.
- Set cooking temp to Low and cook overnight or up to 6 hours.
- Wake up and stir oats. Add in more milk if desired and enjoy!
- Top with fresh fruit or nuts if desired (i.e. walnuts, almond, banana slices, flax)
INDULGE HEALTHFULLY IN YOUR CRAVINGS~
This recipe was so simple and makes plenty of servings for you to have all week long. Be sure to store in an air tight container in the fridge and just re-heat in the microwave before eating. This oatmeal is sticky, so be sure to wash your bowls and spoons right after eating! 🙂