OH. MY. GOSH.
Ooey gooey vanilla cake batter flavored fluffy, protein-packed gluten free pancakes. It simply can’t get any better!!
These pancakes are sweetened naturally with dates and stevia, and filled with gluten free flour + plant-based protein powder. PERFECT as a post-workout brunch or simply a delicious way to get in an extra serving of protein in the day.
Gluten-Free Fluffy Birthday Cake Protein Pancakes♡
- ⅓ cup gluten free all purpose flour (or other GF flours like oat, almond, or coconut)
- ⅓ cup vanilla plant-based protein powder
- 1 flax egg (or replace with ¼ cup dates blended in a food processor with the almond milk below)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ TBSP Cake Batter Coconut Butter (optional)
- ½ TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 drops of liquid stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of sea salt
- 1-2 TBSP of YouFresh Naturals Birthday Cake Spread (for topping, order online at www.youfreshnaturals.com) **this ingredient is NOT vegan.
- Maple syrup for topping! (optional)
- If using flax egg, mix 1 TBSP flax with 3 TBSP water and let sit in the fridge for 10 minutes to thicken.
- If using date replacer, blend dates with almond milk on high until blended well.
- Mix either egg replacer with all other ingredients except the Birthday Cake Spread in a medium bowl.
- Blend well until dough forms.
- If dough is too thick, add a touch more of water of almond milk.
- Heat large skillet with 1 TBSP cooking spray or coconut oil.
- Drop small drops of batter onto skillet and cook until both sides brown.
- Top with Birthday Cake spread, sprinkles, and maple syrup if desired.