Protein gets me goin’ in the morning.
Whether it’s from animal foods or not, there’s no debate that we need protein in our diets. Fact is, higher protein diets have been linked to increased satiety and greater weight loss than lower-protein diets.
So, instead of your normal (yet delicious) lame-o bowl of cereal in the morning, why not have some light and healthy egg muffins that can keep you full til lunch and also get in a few servings of veggies while you’re at it?
These babies are SO freakin’ simple. Chop up whatever favorite veggies you usually like in omelets or scrambled eggs, and place them in the bottom of a sprayed muffin tin. Add in some nutritional yeast to get a little non-dairy cheese flavor, some salt/pepper/garlic seasonings, and pop them in the oven for 30 mins! These are the best on-the-go breakfasts ever. Just keep them in ziploc baggies in the fridge during the week and pop em in the microwave for a minute and you’re on your way to work with a healthy breakfast in hand! That gives ya more time to grab that latte or perfect your hair on your way out the door ;).
- Serves: 12
- Serving size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 58
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0g
- Unsaturated fat: 0g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 16mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- -Cooking spray
- -12 serving muffin tin
- -1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- -8 small cherry tomatoes, chopped
- -1 small bunch of kale, torn into pieces
- -1/2 cup chopped red onion
- -3 TBSP Nutritional Yeast
- -Seasonings of choice
- -1 carton of liquid egg whites (4 cups total)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add various chopped veggies to the bottom of each tin, filling ¼ to ½ the way full.
- Sprinkle nutritional yeast and seasonings on top of veggies.
- Cover each veggie-filled tin with egg whites. Pour over and fill to the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and store muffins in ziploc bags in the fridge.
- Microwave for 2 mins in the morning for a quick, healthy breakfast!
SO simple, right?!!
These are the easiest way to get in more veggies and protein in your day! Enjoy! <3