Thanksgiving is almost here!
Are you prepared for the national day of gluttony, family and friends, and giving thanks? The average American consumes a whopping 4,000 calories on Thanksgiving day. That’s DOUBLE what most people need in an entire day! Switch out some dishes this year with healthier options to feel a little lighter this Thanksgiving. These mini raw vegan pumpkin pies are made with healthy fats, natural sugar, and are completely dairy-free.
Other tips for a lighter Thanksgiving:
- Swap out sweet potato pie for simple roasted sweet potatoes (saves on excess added fat from marshmallows and nuts)
- Use plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream in dips, mashed potatoes, etc.
- Eat white meat turkey and take the skin off.
- Enjoy a family walk during the day to help with digestion and to get a little movement in.
- Pick one or two favorite desserts to enjoy a few bites of rather than eating a bite of everything.
- Skip the white rolls and fill up on healthier carbs – potatoes, corn, beans, etc.
- Get as many veggies in as you can, but also enjoy some of the good stuff!
- Don’t skip meals – eat normally to keep your metabolism going and to avoid binging and fasting cycles
- Focus on the true meaning of the holiday – giving thanks, surrounding yourself with loved ones, and relaxing. ðŸ™‚ One dayÂ of eating a little bit more than normal (and a bit unhealthier) won’t make or break you!
Serves: 8 tarts
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup almonds
- ¼ cup Decadent Blend Caramel Flavor Chia/Flax/Maca/Cacao Blend
- 1 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 TBSP Pure Maple Syrup (I used Sugar-Free Maple Syrup)
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- dash vanilla extract
- dash sea salt
- dash pumpkin pie spice
- dash cinnamon
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk (Ripple is a great option)
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 TBSP raw coconut butter
- 3 TBSP cornstarch
- Blend all crust ingredients in a high powered food processor until smooth.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray and line muffin tins with crust batter to form pie crust.
- Place filled muffin tin in freezer to set.
- Clean food processor and blend together filling ingredients in food processor until smooth.
- Fill set crusts with filling to the top.
- Top with 1 walnut piece and an extra sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.
- Place in freezer for a few hours to set, then transfer to fridge.
These mini pumpkin pies are so delicious and absolutely creamy. Use a spoon to spoon out the filling and then eat the cookie outside last ðŸ™‚The crust tastes similar to a Larabar, filled with healthy nuts and caramel-y dates.
Shock your guests this year with these amazing tasting HEALTHIER pumpkin pies!! (No need to tell them they are vegan and gluten free….they wont even notice!)