Poppable, meltable, dippable…
Quinoa Pizza Bites!
These bite size beauties have only deliciously healthy ingredients packed into them, so you get to taste wholesome pizza flavor without the guilt! Plus you get all the 9 essential amino acids in the quinoa, much more than you could get in a simple pizza crust! These are great as a quick lunch with a side salad, and are even more fun served at a party with some marinara dip!
The spinach, tomatoes, and mushrooms add some much needed veggies to your day, and the cheese and seasonings give it that flavor it needs. 🙂
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup spinach, chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ cups tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup cheese of choice, shredded
- seasonings: sea salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, oregano, chili powder, garlic, and onion powder.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the quinoa according to directions on the box.
- Mix all ingredients together including the quinoa once it has cooled, in a large bowl.
- Mix until blended well.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray
- Evenly divide quinoa mixture into muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Dip in your favorite marinara sauce and enjoy!
These pizza bites are easily customizable, too. You can add pepperoni, onion, basil, parmesan, etc. I just used what I had on hand at home. Be creative! There are so many flavors you can bring out with these bites. Vegan? Add nutritional yeast, skip the cheese, and use a “flax egg” instead of real eggs.