YUM. YUM. YUM. YUM!
Can we talk about how amazing these treats are? A dense, chewy, cool outside with a gooey, chocolatey pudding inside, and totally free of refined sugar, soy, dairy, and gluten!
I always crave sweets after dinner. NO. MATTER. WHAT. It’s totally my weakness. But these are guilt-free treats that are the perfect bite-size amount to satisfy my cravings.
The whipped chocolate avocado pudding takes less than 5 minutes to make and tastes like heaven! Sweetened with stevia, a natural sugar with zero calories and a little bit of coconut nectar, a lower GI sweetener, because no one needs that white sugar crap overload after dinner! It’s also made with avocado and coconut oil, two examples of healthy fats.
Pop em, bite em, lick em, SAVOR THEM. 🙂
- 12-14 pitted medjool dates
- 2 cups dried mulberries
- 1 cup almonds or pecans
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- dash of sea salt
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 TBSP ground flax
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- GF oats (as needed)
- 2 avocados
- ½ cup coconut nectar
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- dash of sea salt
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ~15 drops liquid stevia (or 1 TBSP granular stevia)
- In a food processor, blend together dates, mulberries, nuts, 1 tsp coconut oil cinnamon and sea salt. Add in oats as needed for graininess. Mixture should be thick and doughy, not runny.
- In a small muffin tin, spray with non stick spray.
- Add 1 TBSP of dough to small muffin tins and press to form tart shapes. Place in freezer to set.
- While tarts are in freezer, make avocado chocolate pudding by mixing ripened avocados with rest of ingredients. Mix with hand or in food processor. Add salt to taste and adjust sweeteners according to preference.
- Take tarts out of freezer and take tarts out with a knife. Set aside.
- Using a spoon, spoon a small amount of pudding into each tart. Serve immediately.
- Store in an airtight container in fridge or freezer.
Keep them in the freezer for when those sweet cravings attack! Or even grab one during your afternoon slump, the nuts contain protein, which help delay the release of sugar (aka your blood sugar will stay steady, yet you get that sweet taste for energy)