Ahhh dessert. We all need to give our bodies a little sweet lovin’ sometimes. The problem with most desserts is that they are PACKED with added sugar and fat. This dessert? Made with a natural fruit (plantain) and just a slight drizzle of the naughty stuff, the honey butter. 🙂
This honey butter is from my local farmers market…and wow is it decadent. The ULTIMATE indulgence. A mixture of sweet butter, local honey, pure cane sugar, and vanilla. YUM!
- 1 large ripe plantain
- ½ TBSP coconut oil
- dash of vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP honey butter (or icing...my honey butter was from a local farmers market)
- In a medium saute pan, melt coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Slice plantain into small disks and pan fry evenly on both sides on medium heat.
- Once plantains are browning and cooked through, about 8 minutes total, remove from heat and let cool.
- Drizzle with honey butter or icing and enjoy.
Plantains are packed with fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium. A great way to enjoy natural sugar while also getting some healthy nutrients in. 😉
These are so good warm, straight off the pan with a little warm drizzle of honey butter on top….my mouth is watering as I type….