They’re sweet…they’re savory….they’re mouth watering….and they’re only 3 ingredients!
AKA cheapest homemade best-tasting wings you can get!
These little guys are my favorite wings I make. Back when I was about 12 years old, I went through a
weird hilarious, random phase of wanting wings wherever we would go out to eat. I remember traveling with my family to San Francisco, Chicago, etc, and what did I ALWAYS order at restaurants? wings. So let’s just say I’ve tried a lot of wings in my life. I make these about twice a year, when I’m really craving a decadent, juicy wing with TONS of flavor.
- Serves: 5
- Serving size: 2 wings
- Calories: 267
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Unsaturated fat: 12g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 171mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 21g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- 10 chicken wings (I used humanely raised chicken wings from Earthfare) (use more if feeding more people)
- 1-2 TBSP oil of choice (I used olive)
- Good Rub seasoning: salt, sugar, spices, paprika, garlic, chili powder, onion, coffee. (or seasoning of choice)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and cover a large baking pan or glass dish with aluminum foil.
- Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray to ensure wings don’t stick to pan’s surface.
- Place wings (keep the skin on) in a large Ziploc bag and pour 2 TBSP of oil into bag. Mix up the wings and oil and make sure the oil covers all of the wings.
- Pour seasoning into a small bowl or on a small plate. You will roll the wings in the seasoning so make sure surface is big enough for the wings.
- One by one, roll wings in seasoning making sure they are covered. Cover as much or as little as you want. My boyfriend wanted these drenched in seasoning so I made sure to have every inch covered! 🙂 Then place the wings on sprayed pan.
- Once all wings are on baking pan, place in oven and cook for 45 minutes. At the 30 minute mark, check wings and turn pan 360 degrees to ensure even cooking.
- After 45 minutes of cooking, check wings to make sure they are done. If there is still any pink whatsoever, keep cooking for ~15 minutes. If you have a food thermometer at home (I still need to buy one!) make sure the center of the chicken reads at least 165 degrees F.
- Once wings are finished cooking, remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!