Oh my goodness. I don’t have the words to describe this recipe. I can say I’ve tried to make sweet potato fries at home hundreds of times, and FINALLY I got them perfect. I stole a few secrets from my favorite vegan restaurant in south florida, Darbster. That’s where I had the most perfect, crunchy, yet soft, warm, doughy sweet potato fries of my entire life. These fries are simply incredible alone, but this garlic avocado mayo puts them over the edge. UNBELIEVABLE.
Baked fries are so much healthier than fried. Less saturated fat, yet still incredible taste.
- SWEET POTATO FRIES:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into french fry strips
- 3-4 TBSP olive oil
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- AVOCADO AIOLI
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 small container plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup - ½ cup mayo (I like Hampton Creek's "Just" brand)
- 1 large handful cilantro
- 1-2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 large handful pea shoots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with tinfoil.
- Spray tinfoil with cooking spray.
- In a large ziploc, add olive oil, coconut flour, cornstarch, and seasoning and add potato strips. Mix until coated well and place on baking sheets.
- Bake fries for ~40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- As fries are baking, add all ingredients for avocado aioli into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Let fries cool and dip in aioli. Enjoy!
Stun your friends at your next dinner party! These are so simple to make and will be gone in a flash…I can promise you. (hint hint: make a double batch, you’ll be glad you did). And the aioli? Add to BLTs, Salmon, Wraps, Salads, and use as a dip for pretty much anything….