A recent morning this week, I got to sleep in, actually enjoy my coffee, and have a full day ahead of me with absolutely nothing to do. I rarely get days like these and wow are are they amazing! I worked the past weekend at the hospital which gave me the luxury of a Tuesday off, and I took full advantage by resting, hitting my favorite workout class, and making these vibrating, energizing goji cacao balls, the perfect PM snack to get me through that afternoon slump.
Artist:: East Forest
These chocolate bites are gooey, nutrient-dense, and naturally sweet. If you’re like me and have candy tempting you at work, bring a few of these and shock your coworkers! They are wayyy better than the crap-filled candy bars and only filled with whole ingredients with your health in mind. ðŸ˜‰
Raw cacao powder brings all the goodness from natural chocolate without the added fat or sugar when it becomes processed. Cacao powder is packed with iron, magnesium, calcium, and antioxidants!
Serves: 12-14 balls
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup nut butter (I used Youfresh Naturals Cashew Butter)
- 1 TBSP raw cacao powder (+ more for coating)
- ⅛ cup goji berry powder
- 1 TBSP mix of chia & hemp seeds
- 5-6 pitted medjool dates
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- dash of cinnamon
- 3 TBSP milk of choice
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients until moist gooey dough is formed.
- Roll into bite sized balls, then coat with cacao powder.
- Repeat until all dough is used and ~12-14 balls are made.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.