Working with a Registered Dietitian – Is it Right for You?
Registered Dietitians (RDs)/Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) are the experts in the field of nutrition. Dietitians have 4 years of undergraduate training in nutrition, holding a Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics from an accredited University. We then go on to complete a mandatory (and often rigorous) internship requiring 1200+ hours of supervised practice. Most Dietitians often go on to complete more education such as Masters, PhDs, and require ongoing Continuing Education. Dietitians hold the highest education and utmost respect in the field of nutrition, and are the ones to turn to when looking for evidence-based nutrition advice.
Who would benefit from working with a Dietitian?
- Those with food allergies or intolerances
- Those with medical conditions (especially diet-related conditions such as Diabetes, Heart Disease, Chronic Kidney Disease)
- Those with gastrointestinal issues (IBS, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis)
- Those who desire help managing their weight
- Athletes looking to improve their performance
- Vegetarians/Vegans or others who cut out more than one food group
- Those who have tried “every diet out there” and feel frustrated with what to eat
- Children and teens, picky eaters, adolescents with food aversions
- And anyone looking for a general, well-balanced diet to help prevent chronic disease and live a long, healthy life!
Interested in finding out more? Shoot an email to: email@example.com for more information.
My nutrition philosophy:
Eating healthy should be simple. Unfortunately, the media, celebrities, a society that praises “thinness”, and many more nutritions myths floating around have made it much more difficult to eat right in our society. As a Registered Dietitian, I believe that nutrition affects every aspect of our lives whether we notice it or not: our energy levels, how we perform at work, how we treat others, our general health, our confidence, our relationships, our day-to-day activities, and so much more, making what we eat more than just fuel for our bodies, it’s fuel for our lives! I believe in the power of real, whole, nutritious foods with minimal processing or additives. I don’t believe in eliminating any food groups (unless you have a food allergy, of course). Diets simply don’t work, but rather an overall healthy balanced lifestyle is key. Yes, green smoothies, salads, and almonds are awesome and amazingly healthy for our bodies, but you don’t have to cut out your favorite foods either! Eating should be simple, and our plates should be filled primarily with foods grown from the Earth, not made in a food lab. I like to counsel my clients on what works best for their lifestyle, not a one-size-fits-all approach. By learning what foods and way of eating works best for you with the help of a nutrition expert, you can be confident in meeting your goals.
Live in Columbia, SC?
Caroline (RD-Licious) works with Carolina Nutrition Consultants Inc. providing individualized nutrition counseling, group education classes, corporate wellness, speaking engagements, grocery store tours, and more in the local Lexington and Columbia, SC area. Call (803)-996-0312 to schedule a nutrition session with Caroline or receive more information.