Guys…I’m totally on trend right?! Unicorn everything is in right now, so I figured I’d make my own superfood version of the popular unicorn toast…packed with antioxidants and protein!
The dollop in the middle is the extra special topping that takes this to the next level…The Lions Pack limited-edition edible unicorn cookie dough! (vegan, GF, dairy-free, and filled with protein, probiotics, and superfoods!!)
What makes this superfood toast? Goji berry powder and wheatgrass powder to give it the pink color and the green color. Goji berries are packed with Vitamin A, Iron, Vitamin C, and beta-carotene (what gives it that beautiful color!) All are important vitamins and nutrients to keep your body healthy. What does wheatgrass do for your body? Keeps it healthy by providing a healthy dose of potassium, fiber, vitamin A, vitamin B6, iron, zinc and copper just to name a few….Instead of using cream cheese, I topped these slices with protein-rich Siggi’s dairy whole milk yogurt (fat = satiety, great in small portions!). This yogurt is low in sugar, and filled with calcium and protein, great for building strong bones and muscles! (cause we all need those, amiright??)
- 2 slices whole grain bread (Certified GF if necessary)
- 1 container whole-milk Siggis yogurt
- 1 TBSP wheatgrass powder
- 1 TBSP goji berry powder
- 1 TBSP chia and hemp seeds
- 1 tsp colored sprinkles (optional)
- 1 TBSP Lions Pack Edible Cookie Dough (optional)
- Other great toppings to try: fresh berries, coconut butter, crushed almonds, peanut butter, dried goji berries, cacao nibs
- Toast slices of bread in toaster, set aside.
- Mix together 1/3 the yogurt with the wheatgrass powder and 1/3 with the goji powder, leave the final 1/3 plain.
- Spread each of the colored yogurt on the toast.
- Top with sprinkles and toppings of choice.
Need this recipe to be vegan? Simply swap out the yogurt for coconut or almond milk yogurt. ♡
Wow your friends by making this unicorn toast! Who doesn’t love to eat food that’s healthy AND pretty??