Welcome to my food & nutrition blog!
Welcome to a food blog created by a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Certified Personal Trainer. I’m Caroline, a passionate RDN working as a clinical and counseling Dietitian in Columbia, SC. I became interested in nutrition in high school, when I developed horrible GI symptoms (almost overnight) that were exacerbated every time I ate. IBS and food sensitivities affected what foods I consumed and how I felt. Throughout this time, I tried eating more whole foods, and learned how different foods can really affect how we feel. I shadowed an RD in high school and decided I wanted to pursue a career in Dietetics helping others that struggled with GI issues as I did. I received my Bachelor’s of Science in Dietetics from the University of Georgia and completed my Dietetic Internship at Georgia Southern University. I’ve worked as a clinical dietitian in an acute care hospital, private practice, long-term care, and ultimately, finding my passion and niche in Dietetics: one-on-one counseling & Intuitive Eating. I am a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor, and I truly light up when I help guide clients towards a healthier relationship with food. Seeing SO many of my clients struggle with following fad diet after fad diet, losing weight only to gain it back, and feeling anxious around food, solidified my path as a non-diet Dietitian specializing in Intuitive Eating. I designed this blog as a creative outlet to bring simple, healthy eats to you and your family, with an emphasis on nutritious whole-food ingredients, free from any diet culture fads or rules. I love eating food that makes me feel good, and you can often find me picking fresh vegetables from my garden, and also enjoying a good scoop of ice cream from our local creamery. I believe that food is food, and it’s an important relationship to be sure we take care of, as we eat every. single. day!
A few fun tid bits about me:
- I LOVE music. Live music and music festivals are where you’ll find me feeling my most free and joyful.
- I’m a total animal freak- I have a black lab puppy named Willow and a maine coone cat named Clyde. They are my world!
- I used to love going out in when I was younger and in college, but now you can find me wrapped up in a blanket with my husband on the couch with our pets bingeing on our latest TV show.
- I have total wanderlust and adore traveling and seeing new places. I’ve traveled to Croatia, Argentina, London, Hawaii, St. Lucia, Canada, Costa Rica, and still have Thailand, Italy, and Spain at the top of my list.
- I love sports and anything outdoors – I am a huge snow skiier and hiker and secretly wished I lived in Colorado. I played soccer and field hockey growing up and tried every sport under the sun.
Want to work with me professionally?
I currently manage the Nutrition Counseling Services at Carolina Nutrition Consultants, LLC and you can work with me through the company! We offer nutrition counseling, workshops, speaking engagements, grocery store tours, menu services, clinical dietetics, & more. Book a personalized nutrition consultation with me here (locally in Columbia, SC or virtually). ♡