These delicious brussel sprouts are crispy, flavorful, with the most delicious sauce. A bit spicy and full of flavor, this is my family’s favorite way to enjoy this nutritious vegetable!
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- 1 1/5 TBSP Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper, for roasting
- 2 TBSP Tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/5 TBSP rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sambal olek paste, or asian garlic chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of black pepper
- additional salt, as needed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Cut rinsed brussel sprouts in half and add to baking sheet, tossed with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Roast brussel sprouts for 20-25 minutes or until edges start to crisp and turn brown. You can also finish the last minute broiling on high for extra crispness.
- As veggies are roasting, combine all remaining ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan, and bring to a simmer. Simmer for just a few minutes until warm and starting to thicken a bit, then toss roasted brussel sprouts in a large bowl with sauce.
- Enjoy immediately!