These easy, crispy baked chicken tenders are covered in chickpea crumbs rather than breadcrumbs, for a delicious meal! They are the perfect blend of crispy, flavorful coating and a moist, delicious inside. A healthy yet tasty alternative to fast food. Pair with your favorite dipping sauce!
- 1 lb-1.5lb boneless chicken tenders
- 1–2 eggs
- 1.5 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup Chickpea breadcrumbs (Brand: Watusee Foods)
- 1/8 cup italian seasoning
- 1/8 cup garlic powder
- 1/8 cup onion powder
- 1/8 cup paprika
- dash of chili pepper
- sea salt
- cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs and milk.
- In another medium sized bowl, mix together chickpea crumbs and seasonings.
- Dip each chicken tender one by one into the egg mixture, then cover both sides with seasonings to coat. Place on baking dish. Repeat for each chicken tender.
- Spray top of chicken tenders with cooking spray, place in oven and cook for total of 20 minutes, flipping halfway through and spraying again with cooking spray. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish