Are you ready for these Baked Gluten Free Cinnamon Sugar Donuts?
Truly nothing more delicious fresh out of the oven.
For the Donuts:
- 2/3 cup GF All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP creamy nut butter (Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter worked well)
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 TBSP melted butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 TBSP milk of choice
- 1 egg
For the Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- 2 TBSP melted coconut oil
- 2–3 TBSP+ ground cinnamon
- 2–3 TBSP+ coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray donut pan with non-stick spray.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Add all wet ingredients to a medium mixing bowl, and whisk until smooth and blended.
- Add wet mixture to the dry mixture, and stir until fully combined throughout.
- Spoon mixture into donut pans (fill about 2/3 full) and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Once donuts have cooled a bit, combine cinnamon and sugar into a small bowl, and melted coconut oil in a separate small bowl. Brush melted coconut oil onto top of donut, then dip donut into cinnamon sugar mixture, coating throughout. Repeat for all donuts.
*Reminder: this recipe is Gluten free for those like me that struggle with gluten intolerance or Celiac Disease. Gluten free diets are only recommended for those with these medical issues or specifically prescribed by your physician. A gluten free diet is NOT any healthier than eating a regular diet with gluten.
This recipe can easily be adapted for your preferences! Lactose intolerant? Use almond milk, Lactaid milk, or oat milk.
Allergic to nuts? Omit the nut butter.
Not GF? Use regular all purpose flour.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: baking
Keywords: baked donuts, cinnamon sugar donut, gluten free donut, gluten free doughnut, healthy donut
Ahh pregnancy. The cravings have come, and what did I want this weekend? A fresh baked donut. And even better, they are easily made at home! It takes just 5-10 minutes to get the mixture together, then just 12 minutes to bake. And then time to devour! Enjoy these wholesome, delicious baked gluten free cinnamon sugar donuts for a delicious treat!