Balsamic, Buffalo Mozzarella, Caprese Quinoa Salad
Delicious & done in just 20 minutes!
I can’t wait to top this easy summer dish with baked salmon…what a perfect combo!
This goes perfectly with baked chicken, salmon, or even as a side dish or stand alone meal. Get creative with it!
This simple Caprese Quinoa Salad is packed with protein, fiber, and vitamins, plus it tastes dreamy! Creamy mozzarella, crisp tomatoes, and flavorful quinoa make this the perfect meal prep dish to keep in the fridge all week long. Top with chicken, salmon, or use all by itself for a filling, healthy meal.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup bone broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 oz fresh buffalo mozzarella
- 1/2 cup chopped basil leaves
- 2 cups diced cherry tomatoes
- 2 large handfuls arugula
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP balsamic glaze or vinegar
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Add quinoa to sauce pot with bone broth and water and heat to boiling. Once boiling, add tight fitting lid and turn heat down to a simmer. Cook for ~15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- While quinoa is cooling, chop mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, and basil and set aside.
- Once quinoa is completely cool, add in mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, arugula, salt, pepper, olive oil, and balsamic and mix well.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Adding bone broth to the quinoa cooking process not only adds incredible flavor, but also adds quite the protein punch! 1 cup of bone broth has 9 grams of protein, which helps keep you fuller longer.