Look at this gorgeous orange colored cauliflower…perfect to make “cheesy” cauliflower popcorn with!
Cauliflower is packed with fiber, which helps keep you full and helps keep your digestive system functioning properly. Also? Cauliflower is a type of cruciferous vegetable, sharing this designation with similar veggies such as brussel sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, and more, known for their research-shown cancer-fighting potential. Does that mean you have to use cauliflower in place of carbs? Heck no! It just means cauliflower has some cool nutrients in it to keep our bodies strong & healthy! Eat cauliflower when you want cauliflower, period. Not in place of other foods.
I have never really been a fan of cauliflower until I stumbled upon this recipe by Jason Wrobel in my recent fave cookbook, “Eaternity”. This was the very first recipe I tried from his book, and boy did it not disappoint. Even my dad couldn’t keep his hands off these delicious bites!Cheddar Cauliflower “Popcorn”Print
This simply amazing recipe is from the recipe book “Eaternity: More Than 150 Deliciously Easy Vegan Recipes”. It is delicious I had to share it! Poppable, crunchy, savory cauliflower popcorn with a cheesy taste, yet dairy-free for those who are vegan or have lactose-intolerance.
- 2 heads cheddar cauliflower (or regular)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 2 TBSP olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- pinch of cayenne powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Wash and chop cauliflower into bite size pieces.
- Add cauliflower florets to large bowl and toss with olive oil, nutritional yeast, and seasonings.
- Spread onto baking sheets and bake for 40 minutes, tossing every 10-15 minutes.
- They should be dark, caramelized, and crispy when done.
- Category: Side dish
You don’t have to use the cheddar cauliflower, I just liked the bright gorgeous color of it and knew it would align with the “cheesy” taste the nutritional yeast brings in the recipe.They are best enjoyed after cooling, straight from the oven, with their crispy edges, and soft warm interior bursting with amazing flavor. What can I say, you just have to try them for yourself and you’ll see!