All words that come to mind when thinking about these cookies. Simply throw the ingredients together in a food processor and stick in the fridge! All with wholesome goodness from cashew butter, tigernut flour, tahini, cacao, and chocolate protein powder. Sweetened with a touch of honey and organic cane sugar, these cookies are perfectly sweet without too much of the sweet stuff!
What is Tigernut Flour?
Tiger nuts are actually legumes, not nuts, and are a healthy source of prebiotic fiber, magnesium, potassium, plant-based protein, and monounsaturated fats while being relatively low in calories. It is gluten, soy, dairy, and nut free, so it’s a perfect alternative for those with food allergies! Use it in replacement of regular flour for a grain-free, higher-fiber and higher-protein flour for cookies, cakes, muffins, pancakes, etc.
Above: Only simple ingredients used! Left to right clockwise: Kura chocolate protein powder, Youfresh Naturals “Sugar Cookie” flavored Cashew Butter, TigerNuts USA Tigernut Flour, Local Honey, Tahini, Raw Cacao Nibs, and Organic Cane Sugar
These easy, no-bake cookies are healthy, rich, and super chewy! Packed with healthy unsaturated fats, plant-based protein, and chocolately-goodness.
- 1/2 cup TigerNut Flour
- 1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder of choice (vegan optional)
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup tahini (extra oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 TBSP raw cacao nibs
- 1 TBSP honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
- 1 TBSP organic cane sugar (optional)
- Dash of sea salt
- Add all ingredients except raw cacao nibs into food processor and blend on high until dough forms.
- If too thick, add melted coconut oil or additional oil from tahini or cashew butter to thin out.
- Once dough is formed, fold in cacao nibs.
- Flatten into cookies and place on large dish, cool in fridge.
- Category: Dessert
When your chocolate cravings hit, these are your saving grace. Packed with protein to keep you full with less sugar than any packaged cookies, this dessert is so delectable! Raw cacao is so much healthier than any chocolate made with cream/sugar, cacao contains protein, calcium, carotene, thiamin, riboflavin, magnesium, sulfur, flavonoids, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids that have so many nutritional benefits. Want to lower your LDL cholesterol, improve your heart function, or reduce your cancer risk? Consume raw cacao.