Dreamy Chickpea “Cookie Dough” Date Bombs – the most delicious balanced treat!
These are such a yummy treat whether you need an energizing afternoon snack or a fun after dinner dessert!
Creamy, smooth, decadent, and nourishing too! I add classic sugar and chocolate to these to make them extra delicious, but also love the addition of nut butter and chickpeas for a perfect example of practicing gentle nutrition. Think about ADDITION, not subtraction when it comes to making healthy habits in your eating patterns. How can you gently, and flexibly add more whole foods into your week? Can you sometimes choose the whole grain version without making a rigid rule? These are just some examples of how to view nutrition in a positive lens, that’s not restrictive or rigid.
Made with Simple Ingredients that may already be in your cupboard!
- Nut butter (any kind will do, I love cashew butter in these)
- Maple Syrup or Honey
- Chocolate Chips
- Can of Chickpeas
- Vanilla Extract
- Cinnamon & Sea Salt
- Dates for stuffing!
Dates stuffed with delicious chickpea “cookie dough” – the ultimate fun treat! Edible cookie dough with extra protein and fiber, to keep you satisfied, yet indulged!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup creamy cashew butter (or any nut butter!)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup rolled oats or 3–4 TBSP oat flour
- 4 TBSP sugar (cane, coconut, whatever floats your boat)
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- a dozen pitted medjool dates
- flaky sea salt (optional, for topping)
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips and dates to a food processor, and process until smooth and creamy. You may need to pause intermittently and scrape down the sides, then continue blending.
- Let dough chill for a minute, then fold in chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed.
- Stuff dates with a spoonful of ‘cookie dough’ and sprinkle with extra flaky sea salt if desired.
- Enjoy! Store in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
These are such a delicious treat packed with all macronutrients – carbs, protein, and fat, plus some fiber to keep you full and satisfied! I love taking these to work for that afternoon “slump” when I need some energy and something tasty.
Flaky sea salt for topping… totally optional but highly recommended!
Don’t like dates? Enjoy the cookie dough by itself!
I love this cookie dough because it’s filling – chickpeas and nut butter provide fats and fiber, two things that are important for feeling adequately satisfied. We all love a classic date and nut butter combo, but elevate it with these Chickpea Cookie Dough Date Bombs – an even tastier snack!