Dates stuffed with delicious chickpea “cookie dough” – the ultimate fun treat! Edible cookie dough with extra protein and fiber, to keep you satisfied, yet indulged!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup creamy cashew butter (or any nut butter!)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup rolled oats or 3–4 TBSP oat flour
- 4 TBSP sugar (cane, coconut, whatever floats your boat)
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- a dozen pitted medjool dates
- flaky sea salt (optional, for topping)
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips and dates to a food processor, and process until smooth and creamy. You may need to pause intermittently and scrape down the sides, then continue blending.
- Let dough chill for a minute, then fold in chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed.
- Stuff dates with a spoonful of ‘cookie dough’ and sprinkle with extra flaky sea salt if desired.
- Enjoy! Store in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.