As I’m starting back up rotations I’m in desperate need for a quick on-the-go breakfast that’s also healthy. This easy peasy granola is perfect to top your yogurt with, eat with milk, or pack as a snack for later. It only takes 10 minutes to bake! Totally gluten free and vegan as well.
This granola is crunchy, tasty, and perfectly sweet without the addition of white table sugar.
Coconut provides healthy fats, strawberry provides vitamin C, and the oats are full of fiber to keep hunger at bay. Pecans, almonds, and chia seeds contain healthy fats, important for maintaining and improving your heart health. And the raw chocolate bits? Those are even good for you as well as they contain fats that can help lower cholesterol, zero sugar, a good source of iron and magnesium, and plenty of antioxidants, helpful for preventing and fighting off cellular damage (which can cause premature aging, eek!)Print
This easy gluten free and vegan granola recipe is crunchy, sweet, and perfect as a yogurt topping, on-the-go snack, or a sweet ice cream topping.
- 2 cups gluten free certified rolled oats
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts of choice (this recipe contains almond and pecans)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup dried coconut flakes or unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
- pinch of sea salt
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- a few drops of liquid sweetener (such as stevia)
- 1 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except coconut oil in a large bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil, and thoroughly mix into the granola until coated and even.
- Spread granola mixture onto a baking sheet in a thin, even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
Store this granola in a cute airtight container on the counter for up to a week and enjoy the crunch all week long! This granola is great as a gift for friends, sunday brunches, and a perfect late night ice cream topping… 😉 (you’re welcome)
Keep in mind that granola can contain many more calories per serving than cereal due to the calorie-dense nuts and oats, so try to stick to 1/4 – 1/3 of a cup for a serving size. Although this granola is perfectly healthy, the calories can easily add up! That’s why its perfect as a topping 🙂