Sometimes we all need an influx of fresh vegetables in our bodies to reset our eating habits. Fresh, raw vegetables are packed with essential vitamins and nutrients to keep your body and mind at its peak health. Having a variety of dark-colored vegetables in your diet ensures that you are getting the nutrients you need. This salad’s high amount of fiber will help fill you up, flatten your belly, and keep your digestion healthy.This salad is easy to make a large batch to keep on hand to nosh on during the week. If you stick them in already prepped meal containers for grab-and-go, you’ll have a fool-proof way to eat healthy all week. Top with chicken, crumbled tofu, hamburger meat, or black beans for a protein-rich meal. Drizzle your favorite dressing and you’ve got yourself a top-notch nutritious meal!
Dark Leafy Greens (kale)
- Packed with fiber, vitamin K, magnesium, and iron. Known for its detoxifying properties (helps to keep your liver healthy). Kale also helps fight against the development of certain cancers.
- Carrots are a great source of Vitamin A, which is important for keeping your eyesight strong. Carrots are also filled with fiber and are known for keeping your skin beautiful. Carrots are also filled with antioxidants, which help fight against free radicals (which are the evil little things that cause you to age faster!)
- Bell peppers are not only rich in fiber as well, but also contain beta-carotene, known for being a carotenoid that produces an anti-inflammatory effect, as well as a multitude of vitamins.
- Tomatoes contain lycopene, a strong antioxidant. Lycopene has been shown to protect your skin against UV radiation (buh-bye skin cancer scares) as well as other anti-aging antioxidant effects. Tomatoes also contain vitamin C, biotin (to keep your skin, nails, and hair strong), and vitamin K.
- Cucumbers are extremely low in calories, and contain zero fat. They contain polyphenols called lignans which help protect against various cancers. They are extremely hydrating as well due to their high water content.
- Celery, also very hydrating, contains plenty of vitamin K, vitamin A, magnesium, and has been shown to help reduce blood pressure.
This delicious, colorful salad is perfect for when your body needs to recharge and fill up on nutrients. Filled with antioxidants, fiber, and vitamins, this salad is super crunchy and extremely satisfying! Filled with heart-healthy ingredients that are fresh and delicious.
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 large handful leafy kale, chopped
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 4 large stalks celery, diced
- 3 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- dash of sea salt
- dash of black pepper
- 2 TBSP hemp seeds
- Wash and prep all vegetables.
- Chop and dice ingredients and add to a large bowl.
- Mic to combine and drizzle olive oil while massaging into ingredients.
- Finish with salt, pepper, and hemp seeds.
- Drizzle with dressing upon serving.
- Category: Salad