EVERYONE needs a Classic Caesar Salad Recipe in their repertoire! This recipe is my Mom’s famous Caesar Salad…plus her Homemade Dressing. It’s to die for!
I love a crunchy, crisp salad. And we keep this one super simple. A little Romaine lettuce, chopped red onion, capers, and anchovies, all drizzled with the most delicious Homemade Dressin`g. Secret tip: add the parmesan to the dressing before serving. Super creamy and yummy!
This Homemade Caesar Dressing is amazing – one taste and you’ll be hooked!
We paired this salad with some delicious dry rubbed baked chicken wings and it was the perfect meal! This one is always rotated in our regular routine.
Everyone needs a Classic Caesar Salad Recipe in their repertoire. And also an easy homemade dressing to go with it! This salad has been a regular in my family for years, and for good reason – it’s simply delicious!
For the Salad:
- 1 package of Romaine lettuce
- 3 TBSP capers
- 1/3 large red onion, diced
- Anchovies, desired amount
- Optional add-ons: croutons, sliced radishes, toasted pine nuts, roasted chickpeas
For the Homemade Dressing:
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 pinches coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 TBSP mayonnaise
- 1 TBSP dijon mustard
- 1/2–1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
- small handful of shredded parmesan cheese
- To make the dressing, add sea salt to a medium bowl. Add minced garlic cloves and mash with a fork to make a paste. Add lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper, mayo, dijon mustard, and Worcestershire. Whisk together. Add parmesan cheese to dressing.
- To assemble salad, chop or tear Romaine into small pieces, add to a bowl. Top with capers, diced red onion, and anchovies to taste. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat evenly. Enjoy immediately! Top with any additional add-ons.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Assemble
Keywords: classic caesar salad, homemade caesar, caesar salad dressing