Everyone needs a Classic Caesar Salad Recipe in their repertoire. And also an easy homemade dressing to go with it! This salad has been a regular in my family for years, and for good reason – it’s simply delicious!
For the Salad:
- 1 package of Romaine lettuce
- 3 TBSP capers
- 1/3 large red onion, diced
- Anchovies, desired amount
- Optional add-ons: croutons, sliced radishes, toasted pine nuts, roasted chickpeas
For the Homemade Dressing:
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 pinches coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 TBSP mayonnaise
- 1 TBSP dijon mustard
- 1/2–1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
- small handful of shredded parmesan cheese
- To make the dressing, add sea salt to a medium bowl. Add minced garlic cloves and mash with a fork to make a paste. Add lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper, mayo, dijon mustard, and Worcestershire. Whisk together. Add parmesan cheese to dressing.
- To assemble salad, chop or tear Romaine into small pieces, add to a bowl. Top with capers, diced red onion, and anchovies to taste. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat evenly. Enjoy immediately! Top with any additional add-ons.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Assemble
Keywords: classic caesar salad, homemade caesar, caesar salad dressing