Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies with Secret Ingredient (Miso!)
The ultimate classic…now with added depth and umami. You won’t believe how incredible these are!
These cookies are perfectly warm out of the oven, all you need is a cold glass of milk to dip them in!
A little bit crispy on the edges, and nice and soft on the inside. Truly the PERFECT cookie!
These soft, chewy cookies are your classic favorite, with a special spin: MISO! Miso adds incredible depth and flavor, and truly is the secret ingredient to amazing cookies! Wow your friends and family with this delicious treat.
2 cups all purpose flour (I used King Arthur’s flour to make GF!)
1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
3 tablespoons coconut sugar (or granulated sugar)
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temp
1 large egg
1/4 cup white miso paste
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips (I used Hu Kitchen Gems)
Pinch of Flaky sea salt, optional
- Beat together sugars and butter in a medium mixing bowl until creamy. Add in egg, vanilla extract, and miso and continue to beat until mixed well.
- Slowly add flour and baking soda into wet mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in dark chocolate chips. Cover mixture and let sit in fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop out cookie dough in heaping 1 TBSP scoops and place on baking sheet one by one. Flatten softly with 2 fingers.
- Bake cookies for 14 minutes, turning pan around halfway through.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired. Let cool and enjoy! Store in an airtight container at room temp.
Have Celiac disease or gluten intolerance like I do? Simply replace the all purpose flour with any “cup for cup” all purpose GF flour, like King Arthur brand.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Cookies
Keywords: Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies with Secret Ingredient (Miso!)
Want more dessert ideas? Head over here!