These soft, chewy cookies are your classic favorite, with a special spin: MISO! Miso adds incredible depth and flavor, and truly is the secret ingredient to amazing cookies! Wow your friends and family with this delicious treat.
2 cups all purpose flour (I used King Arthur’s flour to make GF!)
1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
3 tablespoons coconut sugar (or granulated sugar)
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temp
1 large egg
1/4 cup white miso paste
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips (I used Hu Kitchen Gems)
Pinch of Flaky sea salt, optional
- Beat together sugars and butter in a medium mixing bowl until creamy. Add in egg, vanilla extract, and miso and continue to beat until mixed well.
- Slowly add flour and baking soda into wet mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in dark chocolate chips. Cover mixture and let sit in fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop out cookie dough in heaping 1 TBSP scoops and place on baking sheet one by one. Flatten softly with 2 fingers.
- Bake cookies for 14 minutes, turning pan around halfway through.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired. Let cool and enjoy! Store in an airtight container at room temp.
Have Celiac disease or gluten intolerance like I do? Simply replace the all purpose flour with any “cup for cup” all purpose GF flour, like King Arthur brand.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Cookies
Keywords: Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies with Secret Ingredient (Miso!)