Ready for a simple, nourishing, on-the-go breakfast?
Try these Colorful Veggie Egg Muffins!
Totally customizable, try adding in any of your favorite vegetables! Mushrooms, onions, spinach, bell peppers, you name it! Also, any cheese works well! I added cheddar to these as that was what I had on hand, but mozzarella and feta also work well!
Fresh, colorful, nourishing veggie egg muffins are the perfect way to get your veggies in at breakfast! Meal prep once and enjoy all week long. Freezer friendly, too!
- 8 large eggs
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch spinach, diced
- 1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried italian herbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a standard 12-cup muffin tin with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs together.
- Add diced bell pepper, spinach, cheese, tomatoes and fresh parsley to the eggs and continue to mix.
- Season with salt, pepper, and italian herbs.
- Slowly and evenly pour egg mixture into each muffin tin, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until top is no longer liquid and eggs are set.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Keywords: vegetarian egg muffins, veggie egg muffins, meal prep egg frittatas
I love to drink smoothies for breakfast, but sometimes I just crave SAVORY. And these egg muffins do the trick! I love to heat them up in the microwave and add to a piece of whole wheat toast for a delicious, filling breakfast (not to mention super quick too! These are such a great on-the-go option).