A warm, flavorful, comforting bowl of vegetable soup is the perfect fall/winter meal. Customize and make it your own with whatever vegetables you wish!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups+ low-sodium vegetable broth (can also use bone broth or simply water)
- 1 can chickpeas (or any type of bean), drained & rinsed
- 1 large bunch kale
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp italian seasoning (oregano, thyme, etc.)
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, for serving (optional)
Add olive oil to large saucepan and heat to medium-high heat. Add chopped garlic and onion and saute for a minute. Add in chopped ginger, carrots, celery, zucchini, and broccoli and saute for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add in broth, tomatoes, bay leaf, and seasonings and let come to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 15-20 minutes. Add in kale and beans during the last 2 minutes.
Once soup is done cooking, let cool and enjoy! Top with fresh parsley if desired. Store in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days in the fridge. Also freezes well.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: soup, vegetable soup, vegan, veggie soup