Crispy, crunchy tofu sticks paired with a deliciously flavorful Almond Butter Miso dip. You’ll be hooked after just one bite!
For the Tofu Sticks:
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/2 cup cornmeal or panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Almond Butter Miso Dip:
- 2 TBSP Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 2 TBSP creamy almond butter
- 2 TBSP white miso
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- hot water as needed to thin
- Remove tofu from package and wrap/cover in paper towels to drain liquids. Set text book or something heavy atop tofu to let water seap out for ~15 minutes. Dry as best as possible. Then, cut tofu into strips to make “sticks”, ~1 in to 3 in.
- Set up your breading station by adding arrowroot starch, cornmeal, garlic powder, and salt and pepper onto a plate. Mix until blended evenly.
- Add 2 eggs to a small bowl and whisk.
- One by one, dip each tofu finger into the breading mixture, the egg mixture, and again into the breading mixture until evenly coated and set aside. Repeat with all remaining fingers.
- Working in 2 batches, heat 1 TBSP olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the tofu sticks (~4-5 at a time) and let cook until golden brown and starting to crisp, about 1 minute per side. Flip and cook on opposite side. Transfer cooked fingers to a plate to let cool.
- To make the dipping sauce, add all ingredients for the sauce to a small bowl and whisk until blended and smooth. Add hot water as needed to thin out to desired consistency. Add more of any of the ingredients to adjust taste as needed.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- Serving Size: 1 stick + 1 TBSP dip
- Calories: 157
- Sugar: 1.6
- Sodium: 452
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 1.3
- Carbohydrates: 11.8
- Fiber: 1.6
- Protein: 7
Keywords: crispy tofu stick with almond butter miso dip