These delicious Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are perfect for the holiday season! Made with nourishing ingredients to keep you energized! These cookies are gluten free & vegan for those with food allergies.
For the Cookies:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 4 TBSP maple syrup
- 4 TBSP cocoa powder
- 4 TBSP melted coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- dash of cinnamon
For the Coating and Toppings:
- 1 container vanilla frosting (Simple Mills has a yummy one!)
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- crushed candy canes for topping
- Mix all cookie ingredients together into a mixing bowl. Mix until a dough forms. It may be crumbly, and this is okay. Add dough to the fridge to set for ~10-15 minutes.
- While dough is cooling, preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once dough has chilled, form into small cookie balls and add to baking sheet, repeating with all dough.
- Bake cookies for 13-15 minutes. Once done, let cool completely.
- Once cookies are cool, add a dollup of vanilla icing to top of cookie and smooth. Repeat for all cookies.
- Next, crush up some candy canes into small bits for topping. Set aside.
- Add chocolate chips, peppermint extract, and coconut oil to a small bowl and microwave to melt. Stir until smooth.
- One by one, dip cookies into melted chocolate with a fork until completely covered. Set cookie back to baking sheet and repeat. As you coat cookies in chocolate, top one by one with crushed candy cane pieces.
- Once all cookies are coated in chocolate and candy cane bits, place back in freezer to set for 20-30 minutes.
- Enjoy! Store in either the fridge or freezer.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: healthy peppermint chocolate holiday cookies