Welcome to RD-Licious!
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor.
I’m Caroline Green, a passionate Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) living in Columbia, SC. I became interested in nutrition in high school, when I developed horrible GI symptoms (almost overnight) that were exacerbated every time I ate. IBS and food sensitivities affected what foods I consumed and how I felt (hence why I can’t consume gluten anymore..I truly cannot eat it, and have to minimize it from a place of self-care). Throughout this time, I tried eating more whole foods, learned how to cook, and learned how different foods can really affect how we feel, leading me to pursue a career in Dietetics. I received my Bachelor’s of Science in Dietetics from the University of Georgia and completed my Dietetic Internship at Georgia Southern University and became a Registered & Licensed Dietitian in 2016.
I have career experience working as a clinical dietitian in an acute care hospital, counseling in private practice, long-term care, and ultimately, finding my passion and niche in Dietetics: one-on-one counseling & Intuitive Eating. I am a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor, and I truly light up when I help guide clients towards a healthier relationship with food. Seeing SO many of my clients struggle with following fad diet after fad diet, losing weight only to gain it back (& only using the scale to monitor progress) and feeling anxious around food, solidified my path as a non-diet Dietitian specializing in Intuitive Eating. We have extensive research that not only do diets not work, they are also harmful.
As a Registered Dietitian, I specialize in working with clients with Eating Disorders and Disordered Eating, chronic dieters/Intuitive Eating, PCOS, as well as GI Disorders such as Crohn’s Disease, Celiac Disease, IBS, etc. and general wellness and healthy behavior change.
I designed this blog as a creative outlet to bring simple, healthy eats to you and your family. My recipes aim to have an emphasis on feel-good ingredients, free from any diet culture fads or rules. All eaters are welcome here! I hope from my recipes you can see that all foods can fit into a healthy eating pattern. I love eating food that makes me feel good, and you can often find me picking fresh vegetables from my garden, and also enjoying a good scoop of ice cream from our local creamery. Food is a necessity in life, so I believe it’s an important relationship to be sure we take care of!
A few fun tid bits about me:
- I LOVE music. Live music and music festivals are where you’ll find me feeling my most free and joyful.
- I’m a total animal freak- My husband and I have a black lab puppy named Willow, a giant maine coone cat named Clyde, and a rescued kitten named Millie. They are the best!
- I feel most zen when I’m at home with my family, surrounded by houseplants, incense, candles, and my family.
- I have total wanderlust and adore traveling and seeing new places. I’ve traveled to Croatia, Argentina, London, Hawaii, St. Lucia, Canada, Costa Rica, and still have Thailand, Italy, and Spain at the top of my list.
- I love sports and anything outdoors – I am a huge snow skiier and hiker and secretly wished I lived in Colorado. I played soccer and field hockey growing up and tried every sport under the sun.
Education & Training:
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Dietetics, University of Georgia 2014
- Dietetic Internship Program, Georgia Southern University, 2016-2017
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with the Commission on Dietetic Registration, 2016
- ACSM Certified Personal Trainer: 2017-2019
- Licensed Dietitian, South Carolina: 1634
- Licensed Dietitian, North Carolina: L006032
- Licensed Dietitian, Georgia: LD005525
- Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor, 2019
- Certified LEAP Therapist, 2019
- Member of EDRDPro for ongoing training and continuing education
- Member of ASDAH, The Association for Size Diversity and Health
- Member of Columbia Midlands Dietetic Association