Meal prepping made easy….I helped my boyfriend make a big batch of chicken fajitas packed with alll the veggies and his own homemade cilantro sauce for his meals throughout the week! I snagged a bite or two and these are DEFINTELY going to go into the weekly rotation.
When it comes to meal prepping, pick a few basics you can use throughout the week in a variety of ways. In this case: grilled chicken tenders, cauliflower rice, sauteed peppers/onion/corn/beans, and some sides of fresh greek yogurt cilantro sauce. That way you can make your own combos throughout the week! Try it all mixed into a bowl as shown here one day, and the next add to a corn tortilla or collard green wrap for some variety and freshness.Print
This recipe makes 4-5 hearty servings of tasty and healthy chicken fajitas to eat throughout the week. Add brown rice for even more fiber and staying power. Packed with fiber, protein, and nutrients!
- 1 lb boneless chicken tenders
- 1 heaping TBSP jerk marinade sauce
- 1 packet fajita seasoning
- 2 large bell peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can corn
- 1 can beans (kidney or black work well)
- CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1–2 TBSP sirarcha sauce
- 2 TBSP tamari or GF soy sauce
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small container Fage greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 packed handful of cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 garlic clove
- In a large ziploc bag, add chicken tenders and jerk sauce ( + salt and pepper) to marinate for 2 hours.
- As chicken is almost done marinating, chop up onions, peppers, cauliflower and rain corn and beans and set aside.
- Chop cauliflower into small pieces and add to food processor, process until ‘rice’-like pieces are formed.
- Add rice and sesame oil to sauté pan and cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, for 8-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add apple cider vinegar, sirarcha, tamari, and stir. Add to cauliflower rice and continue to cook for 8 minutes. Once almost done cooking, add two eggs and scramble throughout mixture. Add extra tamari to taste. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add chopped peppers, onion, olive oil, and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of fajita seasoning. Add salt and pepper and sauté on medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until soft and beginning to char.
- In another large skillet, add 1 TBSP olive oil and add chicken tenders. Sprinkle with packet of fajita seasoning until covered.
- Sauté chicken until cooked thoroughly (about 10 minutes on low-medium heat).
- Once peppers and onions are almost cooked, add drained and rinsed beans and corn to mixture and stir.
- Once everything is done and cooled, separate into 4-5 different containers with each divided of cauliflower rice, sautéed veggies, and chicken.
- To make the sauce, add all sauce ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust as necessary. Add to small containers and drizzle upon eating.
Meal prepping is SUCH a huge tool for success when it comes to eating heathy, I can’t stress it enough. Having healthy, ready-to-eat food at home is key to avoiding unhealthier options when you are hungry. Keep your favorites on deck: fruits, veggies, whole grains, nuts, seeds, you name it! Have healthy meals ready and you’re more likely to stick with a healthy eating pattern!
Feel free to make this recipe your own! Not a fan of chicken? Swap it out for lean grass-fed beef or go totally veggie! Add sliced avocado on top for freshness one day, add salsa the next, add small fresh touches to keep you from getting bored. 🙂 Happy meal prepping!