Easy, Healthy, and Edible Cookie Dough — On Repeat.
A delicious, creamy, nourishing treat! Made with chickpeas (plant-based protein, high-fiber, yay!), dates (natural sugar from whole fruit), creamy almond butter (healthy fats), honey for some sweetness (or pure maple syrup for a vegan option), and add some dark chocolate chips folded in. Simple and delectable!
Eat this by the spoonful, roll into bite-sized balls, whatever you do it’s likely to be gone, FAST! And yes, this even is man-approved (with the initial comments: “there’s no way this tastes like real cookie dough” turned into “oh my god that’s freaking good!”) I can honestly say this one is a crowd-pleaser. Add a dash of cinnamon, vanilla extract, and sea salt and you’re good to go!
This simple cookie dough recipe blends together natural, whole food ingredients to make this edible, tasty, and healthy!
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 5–6 medjool dates
- 3–4 TBSP creamy almond butter or cashew butter
- 1/8 cup honey or maple syrup
- dash cinnamon
- dash sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup dark chocolate chips
- Blend all ingredients together except for chocolate chips in a high-speed food processor. Blend on high until mixed well and a dough-like consistency forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate in an air-tight container.