Easy Peasy No Bake Vegan Pumpkin Pie – your new favorite fall treat!
I’m so excited it’s FINALLY starting to cool off here in South Carolina, and that means it’s finally time to bring it all things pumpkin. Pumpkin is a delicious type of squash (technically a fruit because it contains seeds, but more of a veggie), with plenty of nutrition! Packed with fiber, Vitamin C, and Vitamin A, which help keep your immune system strong and your eyesight strong. It’s also high in beta-carotene, (attributed from its beautiful orange hue!) a powerful antioxidant. My favorite way to enjoy pumpkin? This raw vegan pumpkin pie recipe!
This raw vegan pumpkin pie recipe uses the same base for my Vegan Strawberries & Cream Cake, but you just swap out strawberries for pumpkin, with a few other little tweaks! A go-to of mine that’s definitely husband approved, too. Especially when paired with icecream!
A super easy no-bake pumpkin pie that’s delicious, decadent, and healthy! Plant-based and gluten-free, this pie will please everyone’s palate!
For the Crust
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 sacha inchi (can sub almonds)
- 2/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
For the Pie Filling
- 1 1/2 raw cashews (soaked and drained overnight)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or date syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of sea salt
- 1 can pureed pumpkin
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- raw walnuts, for topping
- In a food processor, process the walnuts and sacha inchi into a coarse meal. Add the dates and sea salt and continue to process until combined and a sticky dough-like texture is formed.
- Press the mixture evenly into a springform pan sprayed with coconut oil. Set in freezer to set while you prepare the filling.
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, add the soaked and drained cashews, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Blend on high until a smooth filling is formed (this may take more than a minute or two).
- Spoon only 1/3 of the mixture evenly over top the crust, spreading evenly to cover. Set aside.
- Add the can of pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice to the remaining cashew blend, and blend on high until mixed.
- Pour mixture over the top of the pie, spreading evenly. Top with walnuts.
- Let sit in freezer for at least 2-3 hours before serving. Take out ~ 10 minutes before enjoying for the perfect consistency.