Mmm coffee + chocolatey gooeyness = 🙂
I love dessert. Chocolate. AND coffee. Lots of coffee. Even more than all of these is these flavors blending into gooey, marhsmallow rice krispies, so this dessert is obviously going to win my heart over. My roommates sure did love them too. The secret to the healthier-ish, gluten free marshmallows used? The brand called SmashMallow, a simply made marshmallow by a California company. The marshmallows are heavenly! They come in a variety of flavors, including espresso bean, cinnamon churro (the absolute BEST flavor!), mint chocolate chip, strawberries and cream, toasted pineapple and coconut, and root beer float. Seriously, get your hands on the cinnamon churro, espresso bean, and mint choc chip. TO. DIE. FOR.
And as for the base? The perfectly crispy brown rice crisp cereal by Erewhon. Low fat, 100% whole grain, less than 1g of sugar, and gluten free. So easy! The perfect pantry staple to keep on hand whenever you need a snack, go-to breakfast, or perfect base for rice krispy treats. 😉
These easy-peasy rice krispy treats are so delicious with a kick of cocoa and coffee bean, they will make your taste buds scream! The perfect dessert to please everyone-they are gluten free, soy-free, nut-free, and vegan. The best recipe to make last minute as they only take a few minutes to make!
- 1 box of Erewhon brown rice crisp cereal
- 1 4.5 oz bag of Espresso Bean “Smashmallow” marshmallows
- 1 4.5oz bag of Mint Choc Chip “Smashmallow” marshmallows
- 1.5 tsp raw cacao powder
- 3 TBSP Earth Balance vegan soy-free butter
- pinch of sea salt
- Melt butter in a large pot on stovetop. Add in marshmallows and cacao powder and stir until mixture is combined and melted thoroughly.
- Stir brown rice crisps into butter mixture in pot and mix well until rice krispies are formed.
- Add mixture to buttered pan evenly. Sprinkle with a dash of sea salt on top.
- Let sit in refrigerator until cooled. Cut into fun shapes and enjoy!
Marshmallows can be found here: https://smashmallow.com/shop/
- Category: Dessert