Pillowy, fluffy, warm flatbread. Totally drool-worthy and the perfect vehicle for any refreshing salsa (especially this Mango, Cucumber, Avocado Salsa). Dip, rip, devour, enjoy! Now all I need is a nice cold margarita…
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 packet active dry yeast
3/4 cup warm water
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 TBSP dried Italian herbs (such as thyme, oregano, rosemary, basil)
2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour (if needing to make GF due to Celiac or intolerance, King Arthur works great)
1/2 cup whole milk plain Greek Yogurt
2 TBSP olive oil
- Add sugar and warm water to a large bowl. Stir. Sprinkle in the yeast packet and let sit until foamy, or about 10 minutes.
- Next, add the flour, garlic powder, dried herbs, yogurt, oil, and salt to the yeast mixture and mix until dough forms. Don’t worry if the dough is slightly dry or unmixed. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in a dry, warm spot for 1 hour.
- Once dough has risen, turn onto a surface light dusted with flour. Divide into 8 pieces and working with 1 at a time, roll into smooth balls, then flatten into a thin, round flatbread shape, ~1/4″ thickness.
- Add 1 TBSP olive oil (working in batches) to large saute pan or cast iron skillet and heat to medium-high heat. Add flatbread one at a time, and cook until bubbles appear, then flip. Cook about 1 minute per side until cooked through and spots starts to turn golden brown on each side. Set aside and let cool on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Repeat for rest of dough until all flatbread is cooked.
- Sprinkle freshly warmed flatbread with flaky sea salt.
- Spread with guacamole, fill with Mango, Cucumber, Avocado Salsa, add some eggs on top, or simply devour it straight from the pan (once cooled of course)!
Keywords: warm flatbread, gluten free fluffy flatbread