- 1 can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tigernut flour (or alternative flour such as quinoa flour, almond flour, or oat flour)
- 2 TBSP raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder of choice (Nutrition facts based off Orgain brand)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 TBSP coconut oil, melted (optional if batter too dry)
- dash of cayenne powder (optional for Mexican spice brownies)
- additional stevia, maple syrup, or date syrup for additional sweetness if desired (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 8×8 baking dish and set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for 1/2 of the chocolate chips to food processor and blend on high until smooth batter is formed.
- Pour batter into baking dish and sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1/16 of recipe
- Calories: 90
- Sugar: 4
- Fat: 5
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3