This dreamy mix of chicken, brown rice, and bok choy is covered in a creamy, savory sauce packed with flavor from umami-rich sesame oil, tamari, and miso paste. You’ll be asking for this dish weekly! And rightly so, as it takes only 20 minutes to make!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenders, cut into 1 in cubes
- 3 TBSP olive oil or any cooking oil
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch, divided
- 1/4 tsp+ each salt & pepper
- 2 TBSP Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 1 tsp white miso paste
- 6 heads baby bok choy, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice (or 1 cup cooked)
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 TBSP fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- If cooking rice from scratch, add rice to a saucepan with 1 cup water. Heat to boiling, reduce to a simmer, and cover and let simmer for 30 minutes, then turn off heat and let continue to sit in steam for about 5-10 minutes.
- If using quick rice, cook according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, prepare sauce by whisking together tamari, sesame oil, miso, and 1 tsp of the arrowroot powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Next, prepare the chicken by cutting into 1″ cubes. Add the remaining 1 tsp of arrowroot powder to a small bowl with salt and pepper, and toss to coat chicken pieces. Add 3 TBSP oil to a large saute pan, and heat to medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to turn golden brown for 4-5 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, chop bok choy, zucchini, garlic, and ginger. Add bok choy and zucchini to chicken and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic and ginger and continue to cook for another minute.
- Next, add sauce mixture to pan with chicken, turn heat to low, and continue to stir. Continue to cook mixture on low heat for about 1 minute, until sauce starts to thicken and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat, let cool. Plate rice and top with miso, chicken, veggies mixture. Enjoy!
Keywords: garlic miso chicken bok choy, ginger miso chicken, miso chicken stir fry, rice stir fry chicken miso