These gluten free everything pretzel bites with a healthy honey mustard dip are the best game day snack for everyone to enjoy!
Now that college football and NFL is BACK (go Dawgs and GOOO Panthers!), my husband has been requesting all the fun gameday snacks, and I want to be able to enjoy them too! In come these delicious gluten-free pretzel bites-my new favorite snack!Print
These deliciously soft gluten-free pretzel bites are the perfect Gameday snack for everyone to enjoy! Packed with flavor, and especially delicious paired with this healthier homemade honey mustard. A winning combo!
For the pretzel bites:
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 package instant yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 4 cups Certified Gluten-Free all-purpose flour (such as King Arthur or Cup4Cup)
- 2 TBSP olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 TBSP fine sea salt
- 5 cups water
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel seasoning
For the Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce:
- 3/4 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 3 TBSP honey
- In a small bowl, gently whisk together the warm water, yeast, and maple syrup. Let sit for 5 minutes, or until a foam is created on the surface.
- While the yeast mixture is sitting, next add the flour and sea salt to the bowl of a kitchenaid mixer with dough hook attachment.
- Add the yeast mixture and the oil to the mixer Knead the mixture for 8 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Then, transfer your dough to well-oiled bowl, cover, and allow to rise in a warm place for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Right before the dough finishes rising, add the water and baking soda to a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil. Lightly flour a clean work surface and a large baking sheet pan.
- On your working surface, punch down the dough. Turn it out onto the floured surface, and cut into 5 long strips. Then, roll each strip with your hands into a 1-inch-thick rope. Slice each rope into 1-inch segments with a smooth knife.
- Transfer the cut pieces of dough to the floured baking sheet. Optional: use a sharp paring knife to cut shallow x’s onto the top of each ball of dough for a decorative mark.
- Once the baking soda water is boiling rapidly, drop in several of the dough pieces and boil for 45 seconds-1 minute. After 45 seconds to 1 min has passed, use a slotted heat-safe spoon to scoop out the dough balls and transfer them to one of the parchment-lined baking sheets. Repeat with all of the dough.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the spread a little bit of olive oil to the parboiled dough, then sprinkle generously with the TJ’s everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake for 8 to 14 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- While the pretzel bites bake, whisk together the honey mustard ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
- Once bites are cooled, serve immediately with honey mustard dipping sauce and enjoy! Store leftover pretzel bites room temp for up to 3-4 days.
*Recipe originally adapted from Blissful Basil.
- Category: Snacks
Keywords: pretzel, bites, gluten free, snack, appetizer, gameday, pretzel bites
Whether you have Celiac Disease or IBS, you don’t want to miss out on your favorite foods! Luckily, there are so many gluten free flours now that are easy to replace regular flour cup for cup. Don’t need these to be gluten-free? Just use regular all-purpose flour instead!