These deliciously soft gluten-free pretzel bites are the perfect Gameday snack for everyone to enjoy! Packed with flavor, and especially delicious paired with this healthier homemade honey mustard. A winning combo!
For the pretzel bites:
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 package instant yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 4 cups Certified Gluten-Free all-purpose flour (such as King Arthur or Cup4Cup)
- 2 TBSP olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 TBSP fine sea salt
- 5 cups water
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel seasoning
For the Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce:
- 3/4 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 3 TBSP honey
- In a small bowl, gently whisk together the warm water, yeast, and maple syrup. Let sit for 5 minutes, or until a foam is created on the surface.
- While the yeast mixture is sitting, next add the flour and sea salt to the bowl of a kitchenaid mixer with dough hook attachment.
- Add the yeast mixture and the oil to the mixer Knead the mixture for 8 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Then, transfer your dough to well-oiled bowl, cover, and allow to rise in a warm place for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Right before the dough finishes rising, add the water and baking soda to a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil. Lightly flour a clean work surface and a large baking sheet pan.
- On your working surface, punch down the dough. Turn it out onto the floured surface, and cut into 5 long strips. Then, roll each strip with your hands into a 1-inch-thick rope. Slice each rope into 1-inch segments with a smooth knife.
- Transfer the cut pieces of dough to the floured baking sheet. Optional: use a sharp paring knife to cut shallow x’s onto the top of each ball of dough for a decorative mark.
- Once the baking soda water is boiling rapidly, drop in several of the dough pieces and boil for 45 seconds-1 minute. After 45 seconds to 1 min has passed, use a slotted heat-safe spoon to scoop out the dough balls and transfer them to one of the parchment-lined baking sheets. Repeat with all of the dough.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the spread a little bit of olive oil to the parboiled dough, then sprinkle generously with the TJ’s everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake for 8 to 14 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- While the pretzel bites bake, whisk together the honey mustard ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
- Once bites are cooled, serve immediately with honey mustard dipping sauce and enjoy! Store leftover pretzel bites room temp for up to 3-4 days.
*Recipe originally adapted from Blissful Basil.
- Category: Snacks
Keywords: pretzel, bites, gluten free, snack, appetizer, gameday, pretzel bites