Fall is in full swing, which means pumpkin everything is here to stay. I’m a fan of pumpkin for sure, but you can only have so many pumpkin spice lattes (plus they usually deplete my energy rather than give me energy). Instead, I simply add pumpkin pie spice to my coffee or use a little Califa farms pumpkin spice creamer for a healthier option. But give me pumpkin in bread or carb form? I’M IN! So these gluten free pumpkin everything bagels are absolutely KILLER for fall. Dig in!
I was craving both everything bagels AND pumpkin flavor, so I simply blended the two together, and they turned out FANTASTIC! A little big of fall flavor, with a salty sweet taste. Pumpkin Everything Bagels may just be my new favorite breakfast food…And if you’re in the mood for a pumpkin dessert, try this No Bake Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe…killer!Print
These soft, fluffy bagels are the perfect blend of pumpkin and everything seasoning. Gluten free, and easily made vegan by omitting the egg white brushing at the end. These are the most delicious, comforting fall treat!
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cups gluten-free all purpose flour (such as Bob’s Red Mill or King Arthur flour)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 TBSP baking soda
- 1 egg white + 1 TBSP water
- Everything but The Bagel Seasoning (Trader Joe’s)
- cream cheese for topping, such as Kite Hill Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- Add 3/4 cup warm water to a glass measuring cup. Add packet of yeast and a small pinch of brown sugar. Let sit for a few minutes to proof until foamy.
- If using a mixer, add pumpkin puree and brown sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer, and pour in yeast mixture. Mix until combined. (If not using mixer, simply add to a large bowl and mix well by hand).
- In a medium separate bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. While mixer is set to low speed, slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet mix. Mix on low speed for a few minutes (using a dough hook if applicable).
- Take the dough out, place in a lightly greased bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough sit to rise, about 1-2 hours, until doubled in size.
- Set aside a baking sheet lined in parchment paper. Once dough is ready, punch dough down and turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into ~8 pieces. Roll into long snake-like wrings, then turn and fold into bagel form. Set aside. (Option for even better texture – cover bagels in plastic wrap and let sit in fridge to chill for 8 hours.)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Fill large pot with water and baking soda, turn heat to high until boiling. Whisk together in a small bowl the egg white and water and have extra cinnamon and everything seasoning ready.
- One by one, drop bagels into boiling water with a slotted spoon. Let bagel cook for about 45 seconds per side, then remove from water with slotted spoon and place on a wire rack to cool. Brush with egg white and water mixture, and top with extra cinnamon and everything seasoning. Continue with all bagels.
- Transfer bagels back to the parchment paper lined baking sheet, and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Let cool before enjoying!
Don’t have access to Trader Joe’s Everything seasoning? Make your own by mixing sesame seeds, poppy seeds, black sesame seeds, flaked sea salt, minced dried onion, and minced dried garlic.
Don’t need this recipe to be gluten free? Simply use any bread flour in place.
The cream cheese I paired with the pumpkin everything bagels is to die for…it’s dairy free so it’s low in saturated fat, and made from artisanal almond milk. Say whaaaat? It has the same texture and feel of cream cheese and it’s absolutely DELICIOUS!