Happy Memorial Day Weekend friends!! As I could sense the excitement on the tip of my fellow clinicians’ minds prior to a weekend of fun, I unfortunately kept focus at work as I am working the weekend and the holiday, but I’m still celebrating in spirit by enjoying a nice dinner and glass of cabernet on the porch tonight. Sitting at home with my man listening to the birds chirp and the cars go by…ahh the sound of summer coming in the heat of the already-too-hot Florida evenings. I don’t mind sitting on the porch with a little wine and background noise as I contemplate my wonderful time spent here in Florida. Soon I’ll be hitching everything in a UHaul with Brendan and heading back up to my roots — South Carolina bound with the love of my life. Onto new adventures, a new home, and a beautiful future. Only a short span of 8 days left in this tropical paradise I briefly got to call home.
This goddess plate filled me up with all the nourishment I needed this week to get me through workdays–the perfect easy meal prep to keep in the fridge to grab and go. This meal was flavorful, seasoned, and FRESH. That’s how food makes me feel best. When you eat a meal you should feel ENERGIZED afterwards, not ready to fall asleep for an afternoon nap. That’s one easy way to tell if you are fueling your body in a way that works for you…do you feel energized or exhausted after eating? Food should fuel you. Instead of choosing foods based on diet plans or calorie counting, choose foods that will satisfy you, keep you full and happy, and make you feel good!
The circular bites in this dish are Hilary’s Eat Well “OG Veggie Bites”, made from quinoa, millet, sweet potatoes, coconut oil, leafy greens, apple cider vinegar, onion, and seasonings! So simple, no extra ingredients. And they take only 5 minutes to heat up/saute in a pan!Print
This beautiful bowl of nourishing eats is completely plant-based, gluten free, and super tasty! This meal is the perfect lunch to keep you energized throughout the day, not to tire you down! Enjoy with avocado, beans, or extra veggies if desired. 🙂
- 1–2 servings Hilary’s Eat Well OG Veggie Bites (can sustitute any protein i.e. salmon, tofu, tempeh, chicken)
- 2 cups kale
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 cup brussel sprouts
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees F. Line large baking dish with tin foil.
- Chop sweet potato into half lengthwise, then cut into matchstick thin fries. Place on baking sheet. Cut brussel sprouts in half, add to same baking dish with sweet potatoes. Drizzle with 1 TBSP olive oil. Season veggies with paprika, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper. Place in oven and roast for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- In a medium bowl, massage washed raw kale with 1 TBSP olive oil. Season with sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Set aside.
- In a small saute pan, spray with olive oil spray or add 1/2 TBSP olive oil. Place Hilary’s Eat Well bites in saute pan and cook according to directions, ~5-6 minutes total, flipping halfway through.
- Once brussels and potato are roasted, let cool, then add 1.5 cups to plate. Add 1/2 the kale salad and the veggie bites. Enjoy! Store any leftovers in the fridge for an easy leftover meal (just add rice, any protein, extra veggies, etc)
- Category: Entree
Nourish your body and it will thank you!
Happy Memorial day friends, enjoy the weekend, I hope it is filled with peace, laughter, relaxation, and total enjoyment. 🙂 Tag me in your favorite plant-forward meals on instagram, I’d love to see them! @rd__licious