These vegan & gluten free cookies inspired by Janette Ogden from @shutthekaleup are dense, rich, and oh so delicious. Packed with creamy cashew butter and protein-packed almond flour, the perfect nutty after dinner treat or afternoon snack!
- CASHEW COOKIES
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 TBSP date syrup
- dash of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp ashwaganda powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together all cashew cookie ingredients in a large bowl until a dough is formed.
- Form batter into hands (about the size of a golf ball) and add to baking sheet covered in greased parchment paper.
- Repeat until all batter is used.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until starting to turn golden, but watch for burning.
- Once cooled, blend all icing ingredients together until a smooth paste forms.
- Add icing to small Ziploc bag, cut off tip, and add to top of cookies.
- Category: Dessert